So this tip, I thought up of because of my sister’s cat, Romeow (cutest name ever for a cat btw). I was writing and writing and writing, and then he jumped into my lap (like he is doing at this current moment) to get my attention… and won. So that made me think of a great tip: how NOT to get distracted while you are trying to write.
Distractions are everywhere. I mean everywhere. Pets, humans, books, internet, phone, lamps, aliens, puppies, I mean everywhere. And it’s human nature to be distracted by all of these things, especially because of puppies. Who doesn’t love puppies?
See, there we go! I just got distracted! So here are ten tips to help you NOT get distracted while trying to write your precious story.
1) Plug in some music, music that gives you proper inspiration to write, write and write. This can be from songs with lyrics, to just instrumental, whatever works for you the best.
2) For those who get distracted by the computer, try writing on regular pen and paper and then later transfer it over to a document (‘Sides, who doesn’t like the feel of ink and paper?)
3) Place your phone to the side or on silent. Make sure it can’t be a distraction. If you have to lock it in a steel box and then throw that box into the ocean and the key into a pit of lava, then go ahead! Again, whatever works best for you.
4) Focus. If you feel your mind wander off, breathe, and then just get back to writing. Focus on your paper and write.
5) Takes break every now and again. For example, write for 30 minutes, and then take a ten minute break to check your phone or whatever. But the moment time runs out (to ensure this, maybe set a timer) get back into writing.
6) http://getcoldturkey.com/ Try this website now. Like go… right now. This website, though it might sound dumb, is the most useful thing ever. Not just for writing, but for even when you are trying to study for a huge test or doing homework. This site will temporarily block websites, like YouTube or Facebook or, anything for a certain amount of time. It helps so you don’t get distracted.
7) Go to a quiet corner in your house away from all the distractions and again, write, write, write.
8) Set a goal for yourself. Say, I will write ten pages, and then I can use my phone (two tips in one, rewarding yourself!) And then so on and so forth.
9) Give yourself inspiration, that way, when you are inspired, you won’t want to stop writing. (This happens to me very often ;))
10) Finally, I can’t think of a last tip but I like complete lists with the number 10 so… YAY!!!
And there you have it blog readers of T. My list of ten things (really nine) to help make sure you don’t get distracted. I hope this works out for you guys, tell me in the comments if you have any others tips cause I would love to have T to add them to it (because I don’t want to do it and she can add it for me). I’ll see you guys again later the moment T allows for me!!!!